PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
The information we collect helps us offer you the right products and helps us improve our service. The types of information we gather are:
|Your name and contact details
(email address, telephone number, address)
|When you order your products from us or make changes to your order details
Your name and contact details (email address, telephone number, address)
|Information about your order from us (delivery address, billing address, payment method (not card details))||When you create an account with us
When you buy products or services from us
When you enter a competition
When you fill in forms on our website
|Information about you and your beauty profile and preferences (see information below about ‘Sensitive personal data’)||When you fill out the personalise questionnaire on the website|
|Communication we have with you (emails, telephone calls, messages to our online chat service, messages sent to us through our social media platforms, feedback)||When you get in touch with us
When you respond to our requests for feedback
|Information about you, your location and how you use our website, mobile application, information about your interests and preferences. See more information below under the heading ‘How we use your data to personalise the service we offer you’||When you use our website
When you accept our cookies placed on your device
When you update your account information
When you open our marketing emails
When you click on our banner adverts
When you fill in forms on our website
When you get in touch with us
When you respond to our requests for feedback
When you opt in to receiving messages from us
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic and allows websites to respond to you as an individual. The website can tailor its offering to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
If you register with us we will place a ‘cookie’ on your web browser with your email address. This helps next time you visit as your sign in will take less time. You can remove this cookie or update your browser settings to not allow this cookie to be stored on your computer without specific consent.
We collect information about how visitors use our site and use this feedback to improve. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages visited.
Our display advertising partners then enables us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with fightbackpittsburgh.org. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address, or telephone number.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We can only use your personal data if we have a proper reason for doing so. According to the law, we can only use your data for one or more of these reasons:
- To fulfil a contract we have with you, or
- If we have a legal duty to use your data for a particular reason, or
- When you consent to it, or When it is in our legitimate interests.
Legitimate interests are our business or commercial reasons for using your data, but even so, we will not unfairly put our legitimate interests above what is best for you. In the table below, we have set out the different ways in which we use your personal data and the reasons we rely on for using that data.
MARKETING: HOW TO MANAGE THE MARKETING MESSAGES YOU RECEIVE
We may send you marketing communications by email if you have indicated that you are happy to receive such emails or if you have placed an order on fightbackpittsburgh.org and you have not told us that you no longer wish to receive marketing emails. Our marketing communications include information about our new and existing services, special offers we think you might like and other emails about beauty, fashion and lifestyle products and services we think might be of interest for you.
If you have previously opted-in to receiving emails from us, please go to the ‘newsletter section’ in your and untick the tickbox for receiving emails from us. You can update your preferences at any time. You can also opt out of receiving marketing emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of all our marketing emails.
Please note that if you tell us that you do not wish to receive marketing emails, you will still receive service emails which are necessary, for example: to confirm your order, update you on dispatch timings, etc.
Please note that if you ask us to stop sending marketing emails, we will keep a note of your personal information and your request so that we can make sure you are excluded from the emails when they are sent out.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
We keep your data only for as long as we need it. How long we need data depends on what we are using it for, whether that is to provide services to you, for our own legitimate interests or so that we can comply with the law.
We will actively review the information we hold and when there is no longer a customer, legal or business need for us to hold it, we will either delete it securely or in some cases anonymise it.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
We protect your personal data against unauthorised access, unlawful use, accidental loss, corruption or destruction.
We use technical measures such as encryption, firewalls and password protection to protect your data and the systems they are held in. We also use operational measures to protect the data, for example by limiting the number of people who have access to the databases in which our customer and order information is held.
We keep these security measures under review and refer to industry security standards to keep up to date with current best practice.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Our customers’ information is a vital part of our business and we will never share your data to any other company or entity unless it is required to run our business efficiently. Fight Back Pittsburgh only shares data in the following cases:
Service providers: we use other companies’ services to deliver our products to you, including storage, fulfilment, payment processing, email delivery, postal delivery and customer services. They only have access to information needed to perform their functions but cannot use it for any other purposes.
Product reviews and feedback data: we share aggregate data that we receive through product feedback and reviews with brands who work with us. Individual data will not be shared in any event. An important part of your Fight Back Pittsburgh experience is your product feedback: these opinions are shared with other customers on the website and brands in question. We allow brands to post reviews on their site with a clear mention of source and link back to Fight Back Pittsburgh.
Affiliated businesses: we work closely with companies to offer you the best deals and prices. In some cases, order fulfilment is done directly by brands to minimise cost. We share your order details, so they can deliver your order and in some cases we allow these companies to store your data for future use if they have a legitimate interest for it. You will always be aware when your order will be fulfilled directly by the brand and when data is shared.
Merger or sale: in the case that fightbackpittsburgh.org is partly or completely acquired, the individual customers’ data can be one of the assets sold as part of the transaction. Customers would be notified of any ownership change.
Protection of fightbackpittsburgh.org: we will share customer account data if required to comply with the law or to enforce our Terms & Conditions and other agreements. This can include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection or credit risk.
Data analytics companies and advertisers: we may use your data in our data management platform. This platform helps us to understand more about you and your interests. We may share a limited and pseudonymised (or partially anonymised) version of your data with other advertisers or add to your data other information which we have received from third party advertisers. We may use such data to make the connection between you and the devices you use.
LINKING TO OTHER WEBSITES
- You agree that:
- the personal information that you provide when you register is true and accurate, you are not impersonating any other person or entity.
- The products purchased on this site are for private and domestic use only and are not for re sale. Failure to comply will result in the termination of your subscription and your account being blocked.
- You will inform us of any changes to your personal information on your account by e-mailing or calling our customer service team.
- Access to this Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Services without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason this Website is unavailable at any time. Occasionally, we may restrict access to some parts or this entire Website.
- Fight Back Pittsburgh is the data controller of this website for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“The Act”).
- You have the right to access the information which Fight Back Pittsburgh holds about you and this right can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
USING OUR SITE
- We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights on the Site and the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may view the content available on the Site for personal non-commercial use. You may print individual pages on the Site for your private non-commercial use, provided that such printing is not substantial or systematic and our trademarks and copyright are not removed.
- Unless otherwise stated in these Terms, you must not (whether directly or indirectly) copy, download, store, make available, distribute, sell or offer to sell all or any part of the content, products or Site, or download or otherwise copy (whether directly or indirectly) any content, files or data from the Site.
- We may, from time-to-time, run Promotions and these may take the form of promo codes, prize draws, competitions or other form of Promotion, or a combination of any of these. The particular form of Promotion will be described in the communications such as e-mails, computer/mobile pop-ups or other form of marketing communication. We issue to tell you about our Promotions and/or on the individual web landing page for the relevant Promotion.
- Each Promotion will automatically close at the end of the relevant Promotion period, at which point no further participation in that Promotion will be possible.